Conversations With My Dad

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Conversations With My Dad

Poetry - The world is a Stage

The air under my wings; with no weight to pull me down
Gliding with immense freedom and joy;
I relax, drifting below cotton candy stretched clouds
The illumination is colorfully sheer,
As it veils the bluest of skies
The tree tops are waving “Good morning Lord”,
The buttercups turning up their precious face,
Blowing a tender kiss toward the heavens,
Their sweet breath is carried amidst the breeze
I see blankets of yellow and green beneath me,
Glistening from fresh morning dew
Like a carpet scattered with sparkling diamond;
"Oh how God must love this view!"
I pause my flight, perching above this symphony
No note seems to be misplaced
I hear the piccolo’s and flutes of His winged wood winds,
All perfect orchestrated by the composers’ right hand
No platform for Him is needed;
In this world He is center stage
The Maestro is Omnipotent,
Grandeur the scale to which musicians are tuned
My box seat here is panoramic; I bow my head thank him for this gift
Seeking His image through the lenses before me,
I catch a glimpse and focus till He is magnified;
Gazing with awe, throughout each movement; almost holding my breath
I acclaim Him through standing ovation…. hands waving,
Inspired, overwhelmed to the point of tears
I feel the breeze again lifting me, propelling me beyond my safe perch
My heart now filled with His melody;
I will share of His composition within me.



By Candace Huffmaster ©





No comments:

Post a Comment