Conversations With My Dad

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Conversations With My Dad

Poetry - The Mark

Press onward and move ahead,
Speed not important, no falter in step,
Make your mark (with my right hand),
Engrave your presence with truth in your touch,
The skill of your craft, beauty becomes their mark.




No force will oppose you and all evil must flee,
The thirsty will remain with you, all on bended knee.
My words will heal, and my presence will make them whole,
Then they will learn and ground will be gained,
The seeds will now sprout; their life may now begin.
Light the path as you are leaving, so they too may come,
There is more living to nurture all along the way.




Each person has a task, a plan, and a team,
We move where we are needed, focused on our task.
No job finds completion ’til the end of our days.
Rise up refreshed tomorrow to start again,
Grow with each experience, embracing the love you’ve touched.
Be happy in the knowledge that, truly, we are one,
And the one seed you planted maybe enjoyed by someone else.
You, too, will reap from the work of our Lord,
His love, although taken, will never return void.


If today you are lonely, whom do you seek?
Whose face are you after? Whose hope do you chase?


Our Lord is abundant and stands in your path,
To love you and heal you if you will simply call on his name,
Make request that he help you to understand your disgrace.
He speaks to your dilemmas and strips their power away,
So now you can withstand the length of your day.
He marks you for protection no matter what you face,
So firm you can stand and denounce all other fates.
One crippled, now walking; one mute, can finally speak,
The blind one now has vision; may there be nothing to stumble your gait.


Your ear now listening for the cries of your sheep,
You are there to Shepherd my precious little lambs.
Keep watch with my provision, it’s an all important task,
We will not lose one… No, not one will be harmed,
Because I love my father and his love dwells in me,
And you, through our Spirit, are obedient to me.


By Candace Huffmaster ©

No comments:

Post a Comment